Exclusive Interview With U.S Based Duo – Da Illest And Their New Release With Zacharias – ‘Out Of Love’
Residing in Los Angeles, California are two DJ / Producers who have joined forces to form Da Illest. Da Illest has a huge impact in the LGBTQ community as gay producers and they have always stayed true to themselves. They have both had an interest in music from an early age and Raymond has created some of the biggest hip hop songs such as “So Good” featuring Lil Wayne. Da Illest just released their new single “Out of Love” which is a deep house style song with a twisted love-hate relationship message to it.
1. Tell us about the first track that put you on the map in the electronic scene and the journey since. How did you get started?
The first song would have to be “All Over Again” which features artist “Zacharias” it’s been so enlightening to do electronic music the feeling and emotion behind it is so amazing how you can relate to it so closely, we have got to work on so much new electronic music since then we can wait to show you all what we been working on.
I wanted music to relate to and be able to express myself in ways that felt natural to me so I started working on electronic tracks
2. Tell us about your latest project ‘Out of Love’
Out of Love is on of our favorite songs to date the vibe it gives is just so amazing it’s one of those songs you want to play over and over this love yourself hate yourself feeling you get sometimes can be too much this song let’s you know it’s okay to love yourself even when your out of love it gives an inside look at toxic relationships with someone or even just with yourself. In the end you just wanna run away from it all.
Listen on YouTube
3. Tell us something we wouldn’t normally find out about you?
One thing about us that no one would normally find out is we actually are a couple in real life not just in music
4. What single night out has been most memorable for you as a dj and producer?
I think that would have to be with DJ SRO up there spinning during pride weekend In LA at Mickys In West Hollywood and I fell in love with how the crowd reacts and how they become attached when electronic music drops and I remember when our song “party rockin” was played there that night how people were really feeling it that’s something I will always remember
5. Give us the name of one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you listen to it?
That would have to be “Never Forget You” I can play that song over and over and it never gets old
6. Dream collaboration and why?
I really want to work with KYGO his music has always helped me out when I just wanna have a good time and let go of all my problems just makes me wanna take a drive or go to the beach and release all that negative energy
7. If you could play any festival, which would it be?
I would have to say EDC
8. How do you get a track started? tell us about your production process
So I normally just play around with Melodies in my head and hum them out and record them and add layers of vocals behind that to get a feel for the direction I’m aiming for and then I add some piano, bass, brass, some kick and everything else falls into place and from there it’s history
9. Upcoming projects? What are you currently working on?
We have our debut album “No Bad Days” dropping on March 11
10. The relationship between a dj and the audience is crucial, and yet is seems to be a fragile one – how do you see the balance between giving the crowd what they want and treating them to something new?
The crowd loves new music so after I play a few of there favorites I love to throw something new in there and I notice that is something the crowd appreciates once they get to dance to something they never heard that has a great beat. So that’s how I balance it.
Da Illest x Zacharias – ‘Out Of Love’ is out now!
Listen on Spotify
Connect with Da Illest