Since moving to LA Alliey has made a name for herself playing hotspots like Avalon and Catch One while recently joining Dances with White Girls for his new party series Vacay Mode. As a member of LFTD Recordings Alliey has been an integral part of LFTD MUSIC GROUP. Alliey XO’s latest creation ‘Better Time’ is out now globally!
Listen on Spotify!
1. Tell us about the first track that put you on the map in the electronic scene and the journey since. How did you get started?
Honestly- i don’t feel like i have a track that has put me on the map yet haha. But I’m working on it!
2. Tell us about your latest project ‘Better Time’
Better Time is a track that really wrote itself. Most of the time I’m producing it’s not always the easiest for me, I’m super particular and can easily give up on projects. With this project, it was really fluid. From the writing, to the vocals, to the mix/mastering- everything just flowed right.
3. Tell us something we wouldn’t normally find out about you?
Hmmm… I’ve been studying korean for almost two years!
4. What single night out has been most memorable for you as a dj and producer?
I got two answers for this question- As a fan, seeing JoyRyde was a dope experience. Everything that was going on in that venue was on point, down to the energy of everyone in the room.
My second answer would be the parties I’ve thrown in LA. I think it’s so memorable because the response we received was really successful right away. I love everything about night life- especially putting parties together. djing, promoting and hosting them. It’s unbearably rewarding to me, so being able to see our teams hard work come together consistently for those nights, felt amazing.
5. Give us the name of one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you listen to it?
Kaskade’s Disarm you
6. Dream collaboration and why?
I have way to many answers to this question haha but in this moment- Skrillex. Just cause I’m so curious with how he may work and to witness where his mind may go while he’s producing is like… the end all be all for me right now
7. If you could play any festival, which would it be?
I don’t know! I feel the same way about all of them really. I’d play anywhere and be stoked!
8. How do you get a track started? tell us about your production process.
My process is different every time. Sometimes I just start with a vocal, sometimes I start with a melody that’s stuck in my head and sometimes I start with drums. It really just depends on what’s interesting to me that night.
9. Upcoming projects? What are you currently working on?
I have a few projects in the works! All very different from each other haha. I just sent a track out to a homie in hopes that he’ll want to do the project with me. But there all dance- just very difference sections of dance. But for the first time I’m excited about all of them- super rare for me.
10. The relationship between a dj and the audience is crucial, and yet is seems to be a fragile one – how do you see the balance between giving the crowd what they want and treating them to something new?
Honestly, reading the crowd is something that i don’t really feel like I’m good at yet haha. Ive tried to adapt to that by becoming a dj specific to what i want to play. That may sound limiting, but i want to play house, dance, and EDM overall. So becoming known for that locally, the crowd that shows up expects that of me, and i feel confident in my delivery of that to them. Depending on what slot I’m playing, i like to respect what’s expected of me. If I’m opening that night, or closing, or doing a B2B that will really dictate how far i feel like i can go with a set. Overall, i always try to make it fun and interesting. I always have a few tracks in my set that i know are a little risky. Sometimes it works and sometimes no one gets it haha. But I’m still learning! And hope to always be learning.
Connect with Alliey XO
Alliey XO – ‘Better Time’ is out now! via LFTD GLOBAL